Hello and welcome again!
We will go over this in more in detail; however, I wanted to give you an idea as to what to expect and order of things. I look forward to meeting you all in the following few weeks. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. Be sure to check out my Facebook Page and Instagram- I love to hashtag weddings.
General Pre-Rehearsal Instructions
• Introductions of people as necessary.
• Tell everyone when to arrive for wedding and where they should go
• Discuss when pictures will be taken.
• Advise that in case of mistakes, we will go ahead with wedding. Fake rings if necessary.
• No gum, please. Everyone relax and enjoy it. Be natural.
• Men hold their left hand over their right.
• Go through once verbally.
• Go through once quickly.
• Go through as though it were real.
Suggested order for special guests
• Grandparents of the groom
• Grandparents of the bride
• Parents of the groom
• Mother of the bride
Line up the wedding party where they will be standing for the wedding ceremony.
• Groom and his attendants on Officiant’s left
• Bride and her attendants on Officiant’s right
• Sometimes at an outdoor venue the wind may be blowing in the back of the Bride causing her hair and or veil to blow across her face. If this is the case the Bride would be on the side with the wind in her face and the Groom opposite. The guests would be seated accordingly also.
• The Bride and Groom face each other
• The Ring Bearer in front of the Groom’s attendants
• Flower Girl(s) in front of the Bride’s attendants
After Officiant has declared the couple “husband and wife”, they kiss and are announced as Mr. and Mrs. Smith
• Couple exits
• Flower girl and ring bearer follow.
• Attendants from each side meet in the center and walk out as couples.
• Bride’s parents
• Groom’s parents
• Bride’s grandparents
• Groom’s grandparents
Or, each side of front row as an entire row, not person by person, since people are eager to congratulate the couple
4. Honor Attendant
5. Best Man
6. Flower Girl
7. Ring Bearer
Suggested Seating for Parents, Grandparents and Family Members.
Row 1. Bride’s Parents
Row 2. Groom’s Parents
Row 3. Bride’s Grandparents and Siblings
Row 4. Groom’s Grandparents and Siblings
Row 5. Bride’s Special Guests
Row 6. Groom’s Special Guests
If you missed it, please check out The 4 D’s to a Successful Rehearsal.