Planning a Suncoast Destination Wedding
As you are sitting down to plan your wedding you may notice a recent trend that is catching on among brides in today’s culture. That trend is none other than destination weddings. There are so many wonderful wedding planning perks that come along with planning a destination wedding but there are also a few drawbacks as well. Today I want to show you how you can plan a beautiful Florida destination wedding on a budget and still have the most memorable and elegant wedding day.
There are many options when it comes to destination wedding planning in Florida, majority of couples will choose a beach location such as Sarasota, St. Petersburg, or even places like Siesta Key and Clearwater just to name a few. The key is to find a place that appeals to you and your fiancé, a place that speaks to your heart and makes a perfect backdrop for those special vows you will be sharing with each other.
Destination Wedding Checklist
Ways to Save Money
When you are planning a destination wedding most times you forgo the elaborate decorations which helps to save a good portion of money freeing up the budget for other things. You can save money on a destination wedding many ways here are just a few examples.
- Cut the guest list down – You don’t need to invite your father’s co-workers aunt just because you met her one time, when you have a destination wedding people expect a smaller guest list so you won’t have to feel bad about not inviting everyone you know.
- Decorations aren’t needed – Where are you going to find decorations that can even come close to the backdrop of the ocean and that beautiful beach? Save your money and don’t worry about decorations. After the ceremony everyone hit the town (yes keep the wedding attire on for added fun, not to mention free drinks those around you are sure to give you since they want to celebrate with you) and just have a good time with those in attendance.
- Formal Attire – When you choose a beach destination you can forgo the tuxedos and elaborate gowns and opt for something simpler which in turn will be less expensive.
- Flowers – Another major hit to any wedding budget is flowers, you want flowers to decorate with, flowers to carry, boutonnieres, and so many other floral accessories. Since you are going out of tradition and having a destination wedding why not switch it up and get creative with your bouquets and boutonnieres. Have a creative shell accessory or just forgo the accessories all together.
- Bar Tab – Like we mentioned above when you head out on the town with your wedding attire on there are bound to be people who want to buy you and your new groom a celebratory drink, this drastically decreases your alcohol bill.
Just remember you can have the destination wedding of your dreams while maintaining a budget without sacrificing class, elegance, or style you just need to think outside the bridal box and find new ways to get creative. Don’t be afraid to try new things and experiment because after all this is your special day, it should reflect you and your soon to be husband.